Re: [K12OSN] NFS /home but not apps?

Stephen Liu wrote:

Hi Steve,

On Fri, 2003-06-13 at 13:44, Steve Wright wrote:

- snip -

Here's our Load-Balanced LTSP solution. 8-)

AND it's got a cool name.

/K12LTSP - XASS/

Where can I find it. Google search only brought K12LTSP

Hi Stephen,

Remember over the last year we have been talking about very large installations of Terminals, more than one Terminal Server, and load balancing ?

Well, Terrell has found a thing called "Xass". It is some small programs that do the load balancing part. Perhaps K12LTSP plus the Xass packages, will make a complete load-balanced K12LTSP. And we could call it "K12LTSP - XASS" - a very suitable name indeed. (It would probably be shortened to just 'Xass')

I downloaded Xass and it compiled and installed perfectly on an old 7.3 box here. Time to read the docs now and see what can be done with it.

/steve