[K12OSN] Re: in-apt

-
>Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 21:19:19 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Julius Szelagiewicz <julius turtle com>
>To: k12osn redhat com
>Subject: Re: [K12OSN] in-apt
>
>On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, anthony baldwin wrote:
>> Myabe someone here can make sense of this.
>> Why do I get this:
>> Reading Package Lists... Done
>> Building Dependency Tree... Done
>> You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these.
>> The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>>   ethereal: Depends: libelf.so.0
>>   ethereal-gnome: Depends: libelf.so.0
>>   rpm2html: Depends: librpm-4.1.so
>>             Depends: librpmdb-4.1.so
>>             Depends: librpmio-4.1.so
>> E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.
>>
>> Everytime I try to use apt-get?
>> Doesn't matter what I try to do, get a package, update, upgrade, anything...
>> There's no way I'm going to force anything and break my system, either.
>> This is with the latest apt-get for RH9 on my RH9 system.
>
>Did you try apt-get -f ? julius

I was trying to avoid that, but, as it turns out, I went ahead and did it after all.
I have been messing with this for over a week, and that seems to be the
suggested solution everywhere.
It does seem to have solved the problem, though.
I was able to apt-get install celestia after doing the -f install.
Celestia is so cool.  I almost wish I was a science teacher, instead of
language arts, there are so many cool programs for Astronomy (a hobby, anyway),
like Kstars and Celestia, etc.

Tony

http://www.School-Library.net
Freedom to Learn!