Re: [K12OSN] NFS /home but not apps?

Brian Fahrlander wrote:

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 14:51, Petre Scheie wrote:

Richard K. Ingalls wrote:

I'm not sure I understand what you want to do. If you just want those 24 machines, running Win98, to give users access to their /home directories on the K12ltsp server, couldn't you just set up samba on the server (which will share /home directories by default)?

Petre

Here's another idea: don' t touch a thing. Make boot diskettes- pop'em in and reboot when you want to run a real OS, pop'em out and reboot to run that toy from Redmond. :)

   If you don't want to replace network cards to make'em all the same,
buy dots:  Blue equals 3c5x9, Yellow equals SMC Ultra, and so on. Put
the dots on the computer and the disks.  Keep an 'image' of the floppies
on the server so you can always make more and voila! Dual booting,
problem solved.  Cheap!

Yeah! But, then I'd need to get a server to handle 24 concurrent users (that's what I'd like to do). Thanks for the idea.

Richard K. Ingalls
Technology Coordinator
Glenwood R-8 School
awm002 mail connect more net
(417) 256-4849

"According to my calculations, the problem doesn't exist."