Re: [K12OSN] Questions on Lowest Specs

I should add that I tend to have a perverse interest in seeing how 'low' I can go, hardware-wise, in building systems and still have them be usable. So, my recommendations are typically the absolute minimum a usable system can tolerate. But if you're just exploring, low end stuff can be fine.

Petre

Petre Scheie wrote:
Depends on how many clients you're going to support, and what apps.  My
server at home is a 200Mhz Pentium with 128MB of RAM and a 6Gb hard
drive.  Using Icewm, things are acceptable, although some apps take a
bit to load up.  I don't think one could comfortably go much lower than
this config, though.  I built an LTSP server on a P166 with 64MB RAM a
while back, but it really was just too slow.  Can't remember if I tried
Icewm or not; hmmm, may have to give that one a run again...;-)

Petre

Matt - Comcast wrote:

Hi everyone.

I'm just beginning to start a K12LTSM server project, and I don't have many options when dealing with servers.. Can anyone help me with what they think could be the lowest requirements for a server? help will be much appreciated.

thanks