RE: [K12OSN] Windows 2000 computers connecting to Linux server

An easy cheat I use to open Linux directories via win2k with samba is
through a bat file in the startup dir

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

The bat file is a txt file, I call it logon.bat with the contents

@echo off
net use W: \\linuxservername\%username%

I have more in there to "auto-map" win2k network locations to each users
"my computer"

I hope this helps

Chris Bacigalupo,
Technical Coordinator