[K12OSN] K12OSN] Printing via clients?

Julius and David,

Many thanks for your pointers to printing via terminals. If only
I'd thought to look in the excellent LTSP documentation...

In fact, the terminals printed successfully using only two
parameters in lts.conf:

         PRINTER_0_DEVICE   = /dev/lp0
         PRINTER_0_TYPE     = P          # P-Parallel, S-Serial

I found it was also helpful to fix the workstation IP address using
the ethernet MAC in dhcpd.conf, e.g:

    host ws002 {
        hardware ethernet 00:50:41:01:24:d9;
        fixed-address 192.168.0.2;
    }

I'm using v.3.1.0 and it's easy to configure and remove printers
with the Menu > System Settings > Printing applet. The only other
stuff I needed to know was to select "JetDirect" and then enter the
workstation IP. And then of course restart dhcpd.

I also found the CUPS web interface at http://localhost:631/admin.

It's all so easy when you know how. I can feel another Wiki entry
coming on.

Best regards,

John Ingleby

Message: 2