[K12OSN] The future of free software from a student's viewpoint

Dear K12os list members,

Daniel Carter graduated with an International Baccalaureate diploma from his
school in Australia last July. One of the graduation requirements he had to
fulfill was an "extended essay" demonstrating his ability to handle a complex
topic intelligently and articulately. The result is a strong piece advocating
free/open source software -- from a student's viewpoint. He has, in effect,
taken on the task of teaching the teachers (I count myself as one among them.).
I highly recommend you read and share with others his piece, "The Future of Free
Software in k-12 Learning Environments":
http://opensourceschools.org/article.php?story=20030614012917484

David Bucknell
News.schoolforge.net
Schoolforge Member