Re: [mail] RE: [K12OSN] Conference??

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 jam McQuil com wrote:

>On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, David Trask wrote:
>
>> I love the Bangor idea....nice international airport (aptly named Bangor
>> International Airport) with lots of flights that come in from all over the
>> world (at least for fuel).  We could put something together at the
>> University of Maine (15 mins from Airport) and have some fun.  I know of a
>> company in New Hampshire that would set up a whole bunch of K12LTSP
>> machines for us to play with.  Besides...it's about time we had something
>> on the "right" coast.  ;-)  Fresh Maine lobster anyone?  How about Maine
>> Blueberries?
>
>did you say "Lobster" ?
>
>count me in

Ha! A few minutes ago I sent David an email asking for a good excuse to go
to Maine.

I *just* had a flash-back to the big bill Jim and I racked up on sea food
during the NECC conference in Seattle last year.

It seems that Bangor is the leading candidate for the first official LTSP
conference.

I will counter this suggestion, however, by offering up Puerto Valletta as
an excellent back-up plan for sea-food-heavy destinations. In the middle
of winter, would you rather go to Maine, Oregon, or Mexico? ;-)

-Eric