Re: [mail] RE: [K12OSN] Conference??

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Eric Harrison wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 jam McQuil com wrote:
> >On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, David Trask wrote:
> >> I love the Bangor idea....nice international airport (aptly named Bangor

trains only go as far as Portland

> >> International Airport) with lots of flights that come in from all over the
> >> world (at least for fuel).  We could put something together at the
> >> University of Maine (15 mins from Airport) and have some fun.  I know of a
> >> company in New Hampshire that would set up a whole bunch of K12LTSP
> >> machines for us to play with.  Besides...it's about time we had something
> >> on the "right" coast.  ;-)  Fresh Maine lobster anyone?  How about Maine
> >> Blueberries?

I have no problems with the "right" coast

> >did you say "Lobster" ?
> >count me in
>
> Ha! A few minutes ago I sent David an email asking for a good excuse to go
> to Maine.
>
> I *just* had a flash-back to the big bill Jim and I racked up on sea food
> during the NECC conference in Seattle last year.
>
> It seems that Bangor is the leading candidate for the first official LTSP
> conference.
>
> I will counter this suggestion, however, by offering up Puerto Valletta as
> an excellent back-up plan for sea-food-heavy destinations. In the middle
> of winter, would you rather go to Maine, Oregon, or Mexico? ;-)

well since there are several nice ski slopes not too far away, Maine!!!!

did someone say "Sunday River"!

Bob

safety deserve Neither liberty nor safety",    Benjamin Franklin
    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys smartnospam net