Re: [mail] [K12OSN] Re: Questions on Lowest Specs

I have a Duron 650 with 512 M of RAM and it does fine with three
clients.  I am sure that if I took it up to 5 or 6 clients that
performance would be acceptable.  Some of the keys to decent performance
with lesser processor speed are to use lighter window managers and apps
as possible, ie icewm, firebird instead of kde/gnome and mozilla.  You
may also want to look into Abiword if you only need word processing as
Open Office can be pretty resource intensive.  Good luck with it.  If
possible, err on the side of lots of RAM and less processor and you
should be fine.
Rob