Re: [K12OSN] Trekking into K12LTSP territory

On Sat, 2003-06-14 at 13:44, Terrell Prude', Jr. wrote:
> Hmmm...sorry to hear about your experience with LTSP 3.x, but since
> you're using Red Hat 9, then you should be able to just go ahead and add
> the 3.1.0 RPMs.  I did this kind of thing on RHL 7.3 a while back with
> good results (the 2.1.x RPMs).

    Well, if the spare-disk scenario works out, I think I'll go with the
moving-the-rpms method.  :)

> I mentioned "if he's not running a Red Hat distro" only because I didn't
> know which distro you were using--for example, I happen to run Slackware
> most of the time.  No need to be concerned about being flamed--the
> beauty of Free Software is that we have this kind of choice.

    I was more just thinking ahead- things like this tend to start a
flamewar before ya know it, and I didn't want to bring that here.

    I started on Slack...but nowdays I just don't have the time for it.
Distros like that and LFS are great for kids ('cause they don't have a
job) and have a lot of time to really get down to the nitty-gritty.  But
where are those people in the Windows community?

    Open and published software changes things, aye?  :)

Brian Fahrlander                             Linux Zealot, Conservative,
Evansville, IN                                             and Technomad
ICQ 5119262                                    http://www.kamakiriad.com
Linux: it's all about choice and better software.      Live free or die.