Re: [K12OSN] Conference??

anthony baldwin wrote:

Well, I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm a destitute teacher.
Puerto Vallarta is definintely out of my financial range.
BUT, I could drive to Maine from here in one day! (I'm in CT).

Tell me about it.. I'm a destitute ice-cream man, and I'm in New Zealand. don't laugh - it's true !

It would cost me ten grand to get to wherever-this-place-is-find-out-when-I-look-at-a-map-when-I-get-there.

If this takes off, those of us who actually _employed_ (some of us must be surely) might persuade our employers that "this is the biggest collection of like minded Linux / Education individuals on the face of the planet - the UNIVERSE even". And then get PAID to HOOLY IT UP - until we were sprung of course.. 8-/ Then the game would be over.. Some like minded HODs might even join in, until the guilt became too much for them... We would need to pay special attention these folks so they not squeal for just a little while longer.. I don't know what this "special attention" might be - anyone got the lowdown on what these people quietly prefer ? Suggestions OFFLIST on that one please.

Oh well, I won't be able to make it, so we will just have to read about you lot in the newspaper. <sigh>

/steve