Re: [K12OSN] Conference??trains and buses and more stuff (fwd)

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003, David Trask wrote:

> k12osn redhat com writes: >> well since there are several nice ski
> slopes not too far away, Maine!!!! >> >> did someone say "Sunday
> River"!
>
> Actually Sugarloaf USA is closer to Bangor, but Sunday River is in Derek
> Dresser's backyard....literally.  Derek runs an LTSP school (completely).

but I have friends that work at Sunday River

> Gould Academy is a private school (gorgeous old style Eastern US private
> school with very modern technology)  in Bethel....same town as Sunday

yes I know Bethel, what school??

> River.  It's got a really nice brand new science and tech building that's
> to die for.  They use all LTSP stuff....including lots of the little
> Jammin' 125's with flat panels like Jim MacQuillan has on his site
> www.disklessworkstations.com   Derek is hosting a Maine Summer Linux
> Workshop in late July....more info here
> http://network.gouldacademy.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=14
>   Gonna' be a blast...looking forward to all the Samba/LDAP stuff as well
> as the K12LTSP stuff.  Derek is and has been running Samba/LDAP for at
> least a year now.  It's running great!  He's the one who turned me on to

well I wish I were that far ahead, I am working with the parochial high
school my wife volunteers at and they have no problems with me setting up
a K12LTSP server and all but I can't do it myself and the person who was
gonna help is hung up in grad school. and the IT guy is willing to learn
but has no Linux experience, and they run a big mix of old PCs and new
Apples so it is more than I can pull off on my own.

Bob

safety deserve Neither liberty nor safety",    Benjamin Franklin
    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys smartnospam net