Re: [K12OSN] Conference??trains and buses and more stuff (fwd)

On Sat, 2003-06-14 at 21:08, Access Systems wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Jun 2003, David Trask wrote:
>
> > k12osn redhat com writes: >> well since there are several nice ski
> > slopes not too far away, Maine!!!! >> >> did someone say "Sunday
> > River"!
> >
> > Actually Sugarloaf USA is closer to Bangor, but Sunday River is in Derek
> > Dresser's backyard....literally.  Derek runs an LTSP school (completely).
>
> but I have friends that work at Sunday River

    OK, time for me to chime in.  I was dodging this thread 'cause I've
been stranded here in Southern Indiana for almost two years...and the
road-itch is really getting bad.

    I know Sunday River, too; one of my relatives used to live a stone's
throw (literally) from there: Mary Morin- an older lady, maybe near 80
now.  She has at least one daughter Peggy, but I don't recall her
married name.

    I told you that, so I could tell ya this.

    Here, in Southern Indiana (a world away from beautiful Maine) my
brother's hanging out with this interesting guy. (Joel Gallant) It turns
out that, one cold snowy Maine night, he and his sons took refuge in a
small farmhouse along the Sunday River, in Bethel.  It turns out, they
stayed at her house!

    Small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it.

    God, I'd love to staple myself to a semi so I could make it to
Maine...but I guess it's not going to happen anytime soon.

Brian Fahrlander                             Linux Zealot, Conservative,
Evansville, IN                                             and Technomad
ICQ 5119262                                    http://www.kamakiriad.com
Linux: it's all about choice and better software.      Live free or die.