Re: [K12OSN] Add remove programs

On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 05:10, Paul Satherley wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I cant seem to add /remove Packages with 3.1.0 -  this is a clean install...
> I notice the iso's I burnt don't identify as disc1 , 2 ,3 etc..
>
> The package manager can't identify the disc's and fails...
>
> Can't seem to load downloaded rpms as well
>
>  ie webmin starts to "install" then quits..
>
> the old rpm manager was alot easier to use??
>
> any idea's

    Yep: the first time you make an ISO image, before you start the
install, *don't* skip the media test. This can cause all kinds of weird
unexplainables.  Then put an "ok" on the disc someplace when you label
the CD.  That way you can safely skip that step in the future.

    Aren't you using apt, anyway?  It drives rpm for ya...and it knows
all the street signs.  :)

Brian Fahrlander                             Linux Zealot, Conservative,
Evansville, IN                                             and Technomad
ICQ 5119262                                    http://www.kamakiriad.com
Linux: it's all about choice and better software.      Live free or die.