[K12OSN] 3.1.0 and keyboard issues

I have recently setup version 3.1.0 on a test box, and I am having
problems getting the keyboard to work on the terminals.  I started by
using the lts.conf file that I have working with 3.0.1.  That didnt
work, so i reverted to the default conf file that came with 3.1.0, and I
still cant get it working.
I cannot find any errors being logged anywhere.  I have check the
virtual console on the terminal for errors, messages on the server, and
also the Xfree86 log on the server, and it all looks fine.

Whenever I type anything on the terminal the username field and the ok
button both flash with every keystroke.  It almost seems that every key
that I press is enter/return.

Shawn Austin
University of Indianapolis
Client Services