Re: [K12OSN] GLX on K12LTSP

On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 14:38, Steve Wright wrote:

> I have a GeForce2MX400/64MB on the Server Console.  It works fine.
>  smooth and fast.  I run blender and loads of other glx stuff np.
>  Quake3 is the best software to test GLX with - in fact I think I might
> go and test shortly.  8-)

    Ya know, I've heard rumors about GLX allowing you to play Quake/etc
on a remote machine...is this finally working then?

    Have you seen 'ET'?  (Return to Castle Wolfenstien: Enemy
Territory...which is why we call it ET)?  It's based on the Quake3
engine and is highly modded to form a WW2 infantry-based battle game.
Just like Q3 it's a First Person Shooter, but it's better because of the
non-optimal shooting accuracy, attention to details of history, and
things like multiple roles: Soldier, Medic, FieldOp, Engineer, and
CovertOp. Blowing things up.  Making things...fighting the war.

    The best part is: it's free!

Brian Fahrlander                             Linux Zealot, Conservative,
Evansville, IN                                             and Technomad
ICQ 5119262                                    http://www.kamakiriad.com
Linux: it's all about choice and better software.      Live free or die.