Re: [K12OSN] GLX on K12LTSP

On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 16:30, Steve Wright wrote:

> I have heard about - there is quite a following on the local Linux List,
> but not played it.  I have done quite a bit of freezetag which I really
> enjoy.  anyway - better get this off k12osn!  8-o

    Yeah, I'm not putting down roots with this discussion...

> In a /partly/ ahem, education related (tolerated?) theme, there is one
> modpack that transforms the Q3A engine as a water-gun fight in a
> shopping arcade / back garden / kitchen which is very funny,  very
> cartoon'ish and not at all violent.  I had thought (but dared not
> mention here) that it ahem, *might* be appropriate to actually provide
> such a service on a school LAN..  but probably not.  /me runs..
>
> /steve

    Well now THAT sounds like fun.  (I'd have to search through my stack
'o stuff to find my CD key again...)

    I don't play such games merely for the aggressive killing, though
after a day of unemployment stress (or working 16/7/360 on IT issues) it
feels good to stop the Nazi horde, place a dynamite pack and shut down
Hitler's war machine.  And, my Dad was there.  He got there late, came
in behind the push at Anzio, got lost in the Black Forest, and a few
interesting things....

Brian Fahrlander                             Linux Zealot, Conservative,
Evansville, IN                                             and Technomad
ICQ 5119262                                    http://www.kamakiriad.com
Linux: it's all about choice and better software.      Live free or die.