[K12OSN] Re: No printing from OpenOffice...

>From: "cliebow downeast net" <cliebow downeast net>
>To: k12osn redhat com
>Subject: Re: [K12OSN] No printing from OpenOffice...
>Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 08:02:27 -0400
>
>done ./spadmin to add printreres???On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, you wrote:
>> I am no longer able to print from OpenOffice. I have a deskjet 930C
>> installed with cups since I'm using Redhat 9. It has worked before, but
>> suddenly failed. Printing from other applications work. What's with
>> OpenOffice and printing and how do fix it?
>>
>> I have always printed using the generic printer option before...

AHA!!  I am having a similar problem!  I ran apt-get update/upgrade (using Freshrpm
repositories) on my Shrike box this weekend, and suddenly NO printing from OOo OR Abiword, although I can print from KWord (have not tried printing from a browser or
gimp or any other app, yet).  I reinstalled my drivers and OOo, no change.
the differences here are:  I am having this problem on a vanilla Shrike install, no
LTSP packages, I am using a Lexmark z33 (driver downloaded from their site has been working since RH 7.2), my printer driver works only with LPD, not CUPS.
Otherwise, seems like a similar problem.
I don't know where to look for answers, though.  I'm certain it's not a LPD problem
(or CUPS on your part) since other apps can print, but I'm not certain that it's an
OOo problem, either, since I can no longer print from Abi, as well.
So, if you make any progress, let me know.
I really need to print from OOo, since I generate a lot of curricula using various
components of the suite, rendering file conversions to reopen in other apps tedious, at best.
I will mention, I have had an occassional problem with OOo dumping it's printer settings on the windope trash on my desk at school, in which case I simply reinstall the drivers and I'm off and printing, but I think that's a Windope issue.
I dunno...

Tony

http://www.School-Library.net
Freedom to Learn!