Re: [K12OSN] rh 9.0 - .avi and .pnm file display hosed

Is blender _running_?  The reason I ask is because blender isn't very
toolkit-aware, and likes to grab exclusive resources like the sound card.
In fact, it may be grabbing some unique X resources.

Blender usually doesn't install libraries.  In fact, it is usually a
statically-compiled applications (i.e. - it includes all necessary
libraries within itself).

Do a ps and see if it's running