Re: [K12OSN] Adding Users in Direcotry_administrator - Help!

Hello David,

I've tried the script after installing the package from idealx.org, using this sample data file:

betty,boo,users,betty,bb
beth,anderson,users,beth,ba
midge,nomer,users,midge,mn
oreo,cookie,users,oreo,oc
choco,fudge,users,choco,cf
piper,colt,users,piper,pc

and I still get errors like:

ldap_bind: Invalid credentials
/usr/local/sbin/smbldap-passwd.pl: user cf doesn't exist
chown: `cf.users': invalid user
Malformed UTF-8 character (unexpected continuation byte 0xab, with no preceding start byte) at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/smbldap_tools.pm line 520.
Malformed UTF-8 character (unexpected continuation byte 0xbb, with no preceding start byte) at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/smbldap_tools.pm line 520.
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials
get_user_dn2: error in ldapsearch :
/usr/bin/ldapsearch -x -h localhost -D 'cn=Manager,dc=IDEALX,dc=org' -w 'secret' -b 'dc=IDEALX,dc=org' -s 'sub' '(&(objectclass=posixAccount)(uid=pc))'
/usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl: error in get_user_dn2
Malformed UTF-8 character (unexpected continuation byte 0xab, with no preceding start byte) at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/smbldap_tools.pm line 520.
Malformed UTF-8 character (unexpected continuation byte 0xbb, with no preceding start byte) at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/smbldap_tools.pm line 520.
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials
/usr/local/sbin/smbldap-passwd.pl: user pc doesn't exist
chown: `pc.users': invalid user

So, my ldap is still messed up, somehow. I've check the .secret password file, and that cn=root

Directory_administrator comes up and displays all of the database generated by the ldaphack config-server script and my box and clients authenticate using ldap.

The directory_administrator test_config_button also says that the config is successful.

I just can't add new users.

Could you show me your ldap.conf file?

Thanks a pile.

Jim

<snip>
From: "David Trask" <dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us>

k12osn redhat com writes:
Thank you for the ideas. I used the ldaphacks from the link on another email message. I'm not sure who it was on this list right now, but the
user had a functioning system up and running... I think!

It's me. I have a running Samba/LDAP server, but I did it differently than Eric has....I have a how-to posted here http://www.vcs.u52.k12.me.us/linux Most recently I had run into the problem of adding users in bulk....with the help of people on this list (thanks Barry)I solved that...here's how (bear in mind that this takes into account that you have the smbldap tools installed from www.idealx.org <snip>