Re: [K12OSN] WIKI and Menus Redhat 8.0

A wiki is a web site where anyone can edit the web page, which is useful for group editing. In our case, the wiki is used for documenting K12ltsp. Go to http://www.k12ltsp.org/phpwiki/ to see the wiki; at the bottom you'll see some links to instructions. To modify, say, the doc that I started on customizing the menus, you can just cut and paste your notes into the doc. Wikis also have a simple markup language if you want to dress it up a bit more. With menu customization, using the markups may be necessary--it was for me--because the wiki uses WordsWithCapitalLettersScrunchedTogether to inidicate a document name, but the menus used in KDE and Gnome also use that convention with entirely different meanings, so you have to escape them when you put them into the wiki for people to be able to read what you wrote. Look at the source code of my doc to get an idea of how to deal with that.

Petre

Paul Overby wrote:
Sorry, I've never used Wiki
Could you point me in the right direction??

Petre Scheie wrote:

Could you add your notes to the wiki I started on customizing the menus & icons?

--
Paul Overby
xpoverby attbi com