Re: [K12OSN] Server Hardware - Will it cope ?

Martin Stevens wrote:

Ok, so here's what I've got.

Intel Mobo 1*2.4 Xeon - Possible to put two in.
6GB Ram
3*18Gb SCSI HD - Raid 5

Will this be able to run 100 Clients ?

Working on a 50Mb per client I should be able to get 120 out of it.

I've got 70 clients booted at half term with the current 512Mb ram but
minimal load on the server.

I am really surprised this system is coping so well on one processor.

My guess is, if you added a second processor, and took the RAM up to 2gig, performance would be similar to what you have right now.

You might get away with just adding the RAM, but the second processor should make a big difference. It is an easy thing to add later anyway, and probably a good basis as a comparison.

/steve