From: Rajesh Divakaran <rajesh divakaran firstsightcomputing com>
To: pnelson riverdale k12 or us
Subject: VGA Issue with Intel 845GL.
Date: 18 Jun 2003 12:32:47 +0530

Hi Nelson,
We installed the K12LTSP , but we have a  issue with the Display ( it
only works at 640x800 resolution, on 1024x768 it gives and error as
"Sync out of range" ) in terms of Intel 845GLS chipset. I believe it's a
known issue with Redhat 8.0. We faced the same with a normal redhat 8.0
install. And this is what we did to solve the normal RH. We installed
the Intel 845GL drivers for linux and things used to work.

Now how do we do this for K12LTSP ? I installed the same VGA drivers
from Intel, which we used for normal RH install. Then the Server display
came up, But the remote boot client display don't come up and its gives
the error "Sync out of range" on higher resolution as 1024x768.  If I
change the resolution to 640x800 in the lts.conf it works.
Can you help us get a solution for this.

Note: I believe this VGA issue is solved in RHL 9.0.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
Rajesh Divakaran

Paul Nelson.............................. pnelson riverdale k12 or us
Riverdale High...........9727 SW Terwilliger Blvd. Portland, OR 97219
voice(503)892-0722...fax(503)892-0723.. http://hs.riverdale.k12.or.us