Re: [K12OSN] LDAP auth

On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 15:02, Immanuel Derks wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had some misconfigs and lost root auth while slapd was down. I thought
> one could always keep on having normal /etc/passwd auth....

You can keep normal /etc/passwd auth, but you have to tell it to do it.
I haven't played with Eric's scripts, so I don't know what they do, but
I suspect that one way or another you configured the system to only
authorize to LDAP. I am not sure off the top of my head how to do it
manually, but in redhat you can use authconfig to change this behavior.
Just make sure that "Use Shadow Passwords" and "Use MD5 Passwords" are
checked along with "Use LDAP Authentication" on the second screen. IIRC,
this should setup you up to authenticate to LDAP first, then fall back
to the shadow file if that fails.

-Quentin-