[K12OSN] NIS setup almost working

Hello,

Thanks to everyone who gave me ideas on and off the list for setting up NIS or LDAP.

Today my son and I spent a little more than a couple of hours and got a client to logon using NIS. I had not specified real names for the individuals on my network and besides the prompt returning 'no name for user' everything worked well.

Now the prob... Neither my son or I can remember how to get the client to load the new map data from the nis server??? I had two root consoles going and messed up the history so I don't have a track of what we did :-(

The docs don't explain very well how to handle changes to adding new users to a system using nis, or how to keep clients up to date...

If anyone here has a few jewels here for us we'ld appreciate them!

If I can get this going I'ld be willing to document the finer details on the wiki...

Jim and Dana