Re: [K12OSN] Compaq Deskpro 575

> The QLogic one was _totally_ unusable by my estimation. There was a
> Windows driver, but nothing for XFree86 when I looked. The chip I see is
> actually labeled AT&T PrecisionDAC. The "Qlogic" name is what I got from
> the driver that Win95 loads. <shrug>

That's the chip I have on the MB only Win95a IDs the driver as "Compaq"
and IDs the chip as Qvision.  The Linux terminal server IDs this chip on the
client terminal as "cpq_avga", which is supposed to use the XF86_SVGA
server, but it doesn't work with it.

I have tried all of the Xservers available with K12LTSP, but I can only get it
going using the "Xvesa" Xserver, but only in 640X480, 16 color mode.  I
had to change the GDM to ICEWM and change the background color on
the desktop to actually make it visible.  Looks like an old RGB display.
Too bad.  It will run high color(16-bit), 800X600 with Win95a.

Oh well, I suppose I'll use them with the Win95a even though they are
ponderously slow.  Unless ...   Anyone know of a way to disable the
onboard video so I could use a better display adapter?

Thanks for the info. folks.

Jerry

 Gerald M. Cox
 Technology Coordinator