Re: [K12OSN] working on K12LTSP 3.1.1

> > --- Eric Harrison <eharrison mail mesd k12 or us> wrote:

> RH9.

> > > let

> > > My test install just finished and perl-Net_SSLeay seems to be working
> > > ok for me, at least with this simple script:
> > >
> > > 	#!/usr/bin/perl
> > > 	use Net::SSLeay qw(get_https);
> > > 	print get_https('www.mesd.k12.or.us', 443, '/');
> > >

> > > -Eric
> >
> > Hmm, I will have to look at it again.  When I installed webmin and went
> > CPAN Net::SSLeay something didn't work right (great description I know,
> > but
> > this was weeks ago).  I read that RH 9 had not linked OpenSSL correctly
> > or
> > some such nonsense and that I would have to compile it anew from
> source.
> > Maybe they've posted a fix since then, I see that fresrpms.net has a
> > version posted...
> >
> > https://www.redhat.com/archives/redhat-list/2003-May/msg01987.html
> >
> > I'll give it another go and see what happens...
> >
> > James Jensen
>
> Found it:
>
> http://symlabs.com/Net_SSLeay/
>
> A (new, since the last time I reviewed this page) fix is included on the
> page.  I am trying to CPAN it again now...

Success!  And, the fix listed in the page above is not needed as it's
included in Net::SSLeay 1.23.

Forget I even mentioned it (unless you wanted SSL Webmin but couldn't get
it before because Net::SSLeay didn't want to play with RH 9's
implementation of OpenSSL--in which case... TRY CPANing it AGAIN and you'll
be in business!)

:-)

James Jensen