Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP 3.1.1pre2 and successors

Brian Fahrlander wrote:

    First:  great work.  I just did a residential install here...my
daughter...NOT the one that enjoys computers and Linux like I do...ran
into the room, "Dad! There's a picture on the new, little
computer....it's got all these kids holding hands, and one of'em's got a
little RED HAT!"

heh heh, very nice. I need a little story like that every day.. 8-)

  One machine's got the OpenGL and can
run things like Enemy Territory, UT, and Civilization...

do you mean playing these games on an OpenGL Terminal ?

    Second: how well is this going to update? Is there anything that can
be done to ensure that it *will* update from time to time?  The RPMs
will automatically save new configurations in .rpmsave/.rpmnew files.

You could script-up apt-get to update && upgrade daily. It has been suggested that is perhaps not good practice on an unattended production server.

    I love this project; good support, well written and/or managed. I
particularly like that it's specific to Redhat, not
every-package-other-than-Sun so that the quality of the
upgrades/solutions/etc are simpler and less prone to problems.  (Not to
mention easier to understand..)

About two years ago, I was impressed

Then I was amazed and I built a few little
add-on parts and I was stoked !

last year I felt very thankful

 Looking at v3.0 and 3.1 - I really don't
know what to say any more, and
I'm not sure how I feel either, looking
at this thing we have made together

/sw