Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP 3.1.1pre2 and successors

On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 03:40, Steve Wright wrote:

> >   One machine's got the OpenGL and can
> >run things like Enemy Territory, UT, and Civilization...
> >

> do you mean playing these games on an OpenGL Terminal ?

    Nope...not sure where to get one, if I didn't build it myself, etc.
I'm using a Jammin-125 from disklessworkstations.com.  Nice hardware,
actually.  It's more capable than I can support (things like sound...)
They're just playing things on the main console.

> >     Second: how well is this going to update?
>
> You could script-up apt-get to update && upgrade daily.  It has been
> suggested that is perhaps not good practice on an unattended production
> server.

    Yep; that's what I thought I'd do.  But one problem I had with the
base LTSP project was that every major release required a re-install.
Minor updates, I'd use the regular apt-get plan, but when, say, 3.2.x
comes out, and I want to upgrade...will I be able to?

>   About two years ago, I was impressed
>
>  Then I was amazed and  I built a few little
>       add-on parts and I was stoked !
>
>   last year I felt very thankful
>
>   Looking at v3.0 and 3.1 - I really don't
>  know what to say any more, and
>  I'm not sure how I feel either, looking
>  at this thing we have made together

    It's a great project. A lot of good guys that don't mind helping,
that do the documentation, and all that. I just hope I can fins a way to
help pull my weight on it.

ICQ  5119262