[K12OSN] Staying current after installing 3.1.1

I plan on installing 3.1.1 when it is final. I downloaded the 3.1.0 ISO images and will rsync them to get 3.1.1.

I want to stay current with several projects after I install 3.1.1. At least Mozilla, Mailman and Moodle (the M group :-) ). I plan on uninstalling them from 3.1.1, getting the latest from each project and installing those versions back in.

I wanted to contribute here by updating to the latest and creating rpms for others, but do not have time.

Am I doing the right thing with uninstalling Mozilla etc. and then installing from the project's home?

Is it easier than I think to get rpm's of the latest versons?

Is anyone else in a similar situation?

Thanks,

Gary