[K12OSN] S3 card in a Everex Tempo 486 (fwd)

Oh, I forgot to add that the station is an Everx Tempo with a 486 DX
processor, 100 Mhz, 32 MB RAM....

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 08:48:26 -0600 (CST)
From: Mario Guerra <mguerra cariari ucr ac cr>
To: k12osn redhat com
Subject: S3 card in a Everex Tempo 486

I'm trying to setting up a 486 LTSP station. I have to configure the X
server as a XF86_S3 ("auto" does not work at all, nor "s3", nor
"s3virge"). It works almost well, except that it flickers. I suppose I
have to add some XF86Config, but which one?. "noaccel" does not seem to
work.

Could somebody help?.

Thanks in advance.

--
Mario A. Guerra (mguerra cariari ucr ac cr)

Unix/Linux sysadmin - (+506)207-3544