Re: [K12OSN] open-source-now! for real!

On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 15:52, anthony baldwin wrote:
> The tech admin at my school just bought two new servers, one apple
> and one linux (I think RH) server.  All student and staff files and info
> mgmt will be moved to the linux server.  the apple will host web
> services, mail and stuff.  (of course, I figured that could ALL have
> been done nicely on the linux server).

    ICK!  I love management getting Linux, which probably indicates an
LTSP situation and I'm all for that!  But an Apple machine for
webserving?  Yikes!  Those things are great for producing content for
the graphics-type people, but as servers they're seriously wasted.
(Yeah, I mean that both ways!)

> If only Ed were here to hear that...
>
> BTW, one of my students walked into homeroom yesterday and said,
> Hey, Mr. B...Microsoft Works--isn't that what you call an oxymoron?"
> What a great kid!
> (sorry about the crosspost)

    Yes...wrinkling my lip like Clinton does] Yes, it is.  :)
ICQ  5119262