Re: [K12OSN] open-source-now! for real!

k12osn redhat com writes:
>But an Apple machine for
>webserving?  Yikes!  Those things are great for producing content for
>the graphics-type people, but as servers they're seriously wasted.

It's a Unix box using Apache....how is it any worse than Linux?  I have to
admit...I have lots of Linux boxes and I have lots of OS X laptops and one
OS X Xserve....the Xserve is one helluva' machine!  Not to knock Linux in
any way, but hey...OS X and Xserve ain't your grandpa's Mac.  The new
Panther version of OS X server will do Smaba/LDAP...among a lot of other
things....not bad for $499 for unlimited licenses.  Granted...it's not
free, but if it works good....hey.....

Now if I could just cram K12LTSP onto an Xserve RAID  ;-)

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us