Re: [K12OSN] how hard is it to get openmosix into k12ltsp?

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Barry Smoke wrote:

> What kind of applications are available for openmosix?
> My main interest is a render farm.  I'd like to point blender/3dstudio
> max/lightwave, or whatever 3d animation program our High School Lab
> wants to use at the mosix cluster to render animations fast

OpenMOSIX is composed of two things. Kernel changes and some user space
tools.

The kernel changes allow that processes can migrate to other nodes based
on the CPU and memory consumption in a load-balancing way.

You need a very good connectivity. At the very least a switched 100 Mbps
network.

--
Mario A. Guerra (mguerra cariari ucr ac cr)

Unix/Linux sysadmin - (+506)207-3544