Re: [K12OSN] talk for more than one person

On Wed, 2003-06-25 at 11:10, Todd O'Bryan wrote:
> Is there a standard command to set up a multi-person chat in Linux/Unix
> on a single host, similar to talk but allowing more people?
>
> The custodians are waxing my floor and I want to meet with some
> students who are working on a summer project...

    Well, there's always a local IRC; ksirc is good for that. licq's
good, too: simple, easy interface that can be told to just send the
packets locally and they won't have to make the trip through AOL in New
Jersey.  And if you have people at home/on trips/etc it works there,
too, without having to ask anyone's permission or join the IRC network.

    Licq is nice; it's as simple today as ICQ was when it first started.
It's _capable_ of much more, but the user isn't presented with all the
possibilities all at the same time.  Give it a try; my ICQ number's at
the bottom.  I'm normally here- drop me a line.

ICQ  5119262