Re: [K12OSN] How stop screen blanking...yes, I want a screensaver!

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Jim Christiansen wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm up to 105 K12LTSP installations at my school now, with 45 being local
>work station installs using nis and nfs'ed homes back to the K12LTSP server.
>  So, no matter what box a student sits in front of, they can use the same
>password and access their work.
>
>The problem that I'm going to have in the fall, is that the computers with
>the local installs are going to get rebooted too often because students will
>not realize that the monitors are just asleep.  How do I stop the screen
>blanking on these boxes, and just allow a normal screensaver to run?

The quick-n-dirty:

	cd /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/
	mv XScreenSaver.ltsp XScreenSaver

The hard-way: edit /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/XScreenSaver  and
remove the leading "!" from the entries in the "*programs:" section
for the screen savers you want to be available.

-Eric