Re: [K12OSN] Wal-Mart PCs

--- jam McQuil com wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Tom Kovalcik wrote:
> >
> > I was impressed with Lindows. They did a nice job with it and their
> $500
>
> Carefull with Lindows.  By default, you are the SuperUser.
>
> Jim McQuillan
> jam ltsp org

So true.  They (Lindows) can argue all they want on why this should be but
in the end it is just plain bad policy.

Maybe not so bad for a home user, but in a public environment it would be
simply begging for trouble (rootkit) IMO...

PS FWIW, my own Via C3 Wal-Mart special's PS runs a little hot.  Don't know
how long it will last.  When people cut corners on HW it's usually the PS
that's one of the first items they skimp on. <sigh>  But what do ya want
for $200? ;-)

James Jensen