Re: [K12OSN] howto stop nautilus from starting up when using icewm

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Petre Scheie wrote:

>Hmm.  I changed my /etc/sysconfig/desktop file to run gdm instead of
>kdm, rebooted (I hate doing that in principle, but that's another
>story),

changing the runlevel and then changing it back will do the trick without
a full reboot:

	telinit 3
	telinit 5

This will still drop all of your terminals. I don't know of a graceful
way to change display managers without breaking connections to all of
the displays.

>logged in on the console and verified that gdm was running and
>not kdm, and then logged in on a client workstation using IceWM with the
>'nautilus -n &' setting in the /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/IceWM file, and it
>worked: I got the desktop & icons but not the file manager window.  But
>to answer your question, no, whether you're running gdm or kdm shouldn't
>matter, as long as you edit the correct file.  (Scratches head in
>puzzlement...)

KDM and GDM look for their session configurations in different places,
hence the two different config files for IceWM. Symlinks do work here,
so I can change that in the next build as well:

	rm /usr/share/apps/switchdesk/Xclients.icewm
	ln -s /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/IceWM /usr/share/apps/switchdesk/Xclients.icewm

-Eric