Re: [K12OSN] Wal-Mart PCs

--- Jonathan Bartlett <johnnyb eskimo com> wrote:
> > Maybe not so bad for a home user, but in a public environment it would
> be
> > simply begging for trouble (rootkit) IMO...
>
> Well, just as much as running any other desktop-oriented software
> operating system (Windows 9x/XP, MacOS 9, etc)

Why...you're right! <grin>

Actually, XP is not *too* bad if you get your users to stop running as
administrator and create standard user accounts...

Still, I loathe working with XP (almost as much as WinME...almost), but
that's just me...

The beauty of deploying Linux in a lab is you move away from the
"run-as-root" model.  I would avoid Lindows in that setting for certain.
Move forward, not back.

At any rate, I think I've already run this topic into the ground...

James Jensen