[K12OSN] HELP!!

I moved us over to a new mail server today. I'm running postfix with
amavis and uvscan. Things have been working great but now amavis runs away
and hogs 99.9% of all my resources and all my mail transportation comes to
a halt. In my mailq I get a lot of messages like this:

8280A10C075    13380 Fri Jun 27 20:59:56  values smailer1 weatherbug com
                            (connect to 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]: read timeout)
                                         lbarnes redbug dsc k12 ar us

Now the connect to 127.0.0.1 line is where it hands it off to amavis. IT
gets to amavis and doesn't make it any further. It was working fine all
day. It hung once, I rebooted and it worked. Now tonight nothing would fix
it until I replced my modified postfix cf's with my originals that didn't
use amavis. I have googled until I can't see anymore. Any help out there?

--
Caleb Wagnon MCP A+
Network Administrator