Re: [K12OSN] Ximian / Evolution or Imp/Horde shared calendarexperience?

On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 11:19, David Bucknell wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> With k12ltsp installed our office users would like to take advantage of the
> calendar and desktop e-mail rather than our standard (and slower seeming)
> Web-based e-mail (Imp/Horde). I will only let a few know about it, but I'd like
> them to be able to share their calendars. Has anyone already investigated this
> possibility and, if so, can you point me to something other than the ximian.com
> corporate pages, which seem to require you to buy outlook?

Not correct AFAIK.  You *can* share calendar info with Outlook via
Exchange Server, but sharing Evolution-to-Evolution is part of the GPL
deal with no cost.  Read the Ximian web site more carefully.

Alternatives to Evo for what you want include any of the project
management software, such as PhProjekt, Mr Project, Phpgroupware, etc -
all GPL. These have calendar sharing and more - usually via a web
browser interface.  HTH.

--
Regards,

	Gavin Chester

	mailto: gc gwchester com
	962 Williams Rd, Dwellingup, Western Australia 6213
	Tel: (08)95381102  Fax: (08)95381409