Re: Re: [K12OSN] Ximian / Evolution or Imp/Horde shared calendar

List,

Our company is getting ready to roll out a groupware product, we have been using it ourselves for quite some time now, and are getting ready to roll it out for a large ISP's client base.

The initial work was done on top of PHProjekt. It allows for shared contacts, shared calender, shared clients base (contacts belong to clients), a shared file system, with full permissions up and down, but the true power of the system is in the mail module. As email comes in it is assigned to a client (based on domain) and is tracked that way. This way if two, ten, or twenty people have permissions to that client, they can all go to the clients section and see all email ANYBODY has sent to and from the client. There is also the ability to mark the email as private or public, or to place it in a private folder. Mail is handled with a database, which makes all of the above possible.

The system was built like this mostly for the ability to always be able to go back and look at emails, even if the initial person owning the email has left the company. Also, with new rules and laws saying you must keep email records, this is an easy and organized way to do it.

You can set up as many email accounts as you want, because the system pulls from an existing POP or IMAP server. It of course could also carry those duties out itself if needed.

We do recommend a dedicated box to it though (fairly low end), because of the amount of storage required. There is a way to expunge emails also of course, but it's not the default way of handling emails, where archiving them is.

This is a web based system . . . .

If anybody is interested in a public beta period (preferably for a larger education environment), or has questions we'd love to hear from you.

The product name is DogFood, and if you would use that in the subject of any correspondence it would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks

Garret/Ruffdogs http://www.ruffdogs.com