Re: [K12OSN] What the ?????

On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 16:56, cwagnon redbugmail k12 ar us wrote:
> I got a message in my spambox on our server unlike anything I've seen
> before. The header is empty. Sender unknown...no trace of anything. Only a
> date.....December 31, 1969 6:00 pm. Ever seen anything like it?
>
> Ok, now I'm getting paranoid....while typing this message I just received
> another one identical to it.

    Yeah, that's the beginning of the Unix epoch; otherwise known as the
first day of 1970.  Unix stores the time and date in a really large
number (double-long?) in terms of one-tick-per-second. I think I
remember that it rolls over here in about 12 years...

    The mailer sent this with perhaps a 6AM; without any other date
information. No biggie...it's one of the hallmarks of spam.  No worries.

ICQ  5119262