Re: [K12OSN] Mounted directory

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Kale Schaub wrote:

> This may be brutally obvious to most/all of you, but I have noticed that
> the thin clients look for configuration files that are supposed to be in
> the root directory but are contained under /opt directory.? Is there
> anything that I am missing?? Do I need to move all of these files when I
> want them implented?? We first noticed this when we were trying to make
> sound available through a thin client and now we are noticing it most
> everywhere we go.?

You need to make sure you understand the 2 different
perspectives, between the client and the server.

To the server, the LTSP config stuff is in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc

The client mounts /opt/ltsp/i386 as its root filesystem.

Therefore, the config file for the client is /etc/lts.conf,
but it is really reading /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf on the
server.

Hope that helps,

Jim McQuillan
jam Ltsp org