RE: [K12OSN] Instant Messanger

Nicholas Santiago said:
> Hi Jack,
>
> At Holy Infancy, what we do is we set something up on our firewalla just
> to block the ports that the major IM programs (AIM, ICQ, Yahoo, Jabber,
> etc.) utilize and leave only one available... MSN Messenger.

Really? Because I have found that many of these messengers now use port 80
or scan for another open port when the default port is blocked. I used to
have them all blocked at our firewall until they started using 80 and
scanning for other ports. If you're blocking them successfully....is there
somehow you could find it in your heart to let me know which ports you are
blocking exactly? That would be greatly appreciated!!

--
Caleb Wagnon MCP A+ CCNA
Technology Coordinator

checked by Clam Antivirus (http://www.clamav.org)