Re: [K12OSN] merger of Red Hat Linux with Fedora Project

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 08:53, kent lindell-ross wrote:
> With the recent merger of Red Hat Linux with the
> Fedora Project and its separation from RHEL, how might
> this impact the project for Linux in the schools?
> Will the Linux in the schools project link up with the
> Fedora side or the RHEL side?
>
> Kent Lindell-Ross

If you read up on the Fedora Project, you'll see that K12LTSP clearly
falls on the Fedora side of the fence.

Once we achieve world domination, RH may choose to include the LTSP
packages into RHEL ;-)

For those who would prefer RHEL over Fedora, the LTSP packages strive
to cleanly support a wide variety of platforms. We'll make an effort
to make sure that it is as easy as possible to install the K12LTSP
packages on RHEL.

-Eric