Re: [K12OSN] merger of Red Hat Linux with Fedora Project

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 06:50, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Personally, I've always thought that the 'k12' part should be a
> separate bundle and the 'Redhat-ltsp' installation should work
> the same whether or not you wanted educational programs. Of course
> it really only makes a difference if more people get involved in
> development/support.

It already is.  ltsp.org is ltsp - installs on nearly any distro.

K12ltsp, is Redhat + LTSP + edu software + other relevant stuff.

The thing is, K12LTSP approaching (surpassed?) the point of being 'an
Enterprise-Ready Desktop System', and that means 'complexity'.

Pulling the components apart is not really relevant to this list, since
we can use the separate parts as installed, or ignore them, or not
install the 'educational' stuff during the initial install.  Most users
here are educational users, with a few hangers-on (like me) who are
attempting to squeeze K12LTSP into /other/ little gaps.

best,
Steve