RE: [K12OSN] Is booting off the NIC a function of the card or BIOS or neither?

> > to make an investment and we're going to be getting 20 Intel
Pro/1000
> > MT Desktop Adapters (Product code PWLA8390MT) which are 10/100/1000
> > compatible. I know that these NIC allow both waking on lan (not so

> Most likely, those cards will boot just fine on your machines.

Are you planning to use Etherboot or just PXE?  If Etherboot, you may
want to test on one the cards to ensure that it works properly.
10/100/1000 cards are fairly new even to Linux and depending on whether
Intel change device ids etc. it may or may not need a EB update.  I am
not familiar with the newer cards or the driver so I could be incorrect
in this.  I would just want to ensure that paying extra for good cards
didn't cause me issues.