Re: [K12OSN] merger of Red Hat Linux with Fedora Project

You can very easily opt to not install the education stuff....with a
custom install....simply uncheck "education programs".....I love having
the K12LTSP install as opposed to the ltsp packages on top of another
distro...for a busy guy like me it's just simpler to have everything in
one place and install it during setup.   that's my opinion.

k12osn redhat com writes:
>I know the ltsp is a separate package, but what I meant was that
>there should be a canned ISO install of RH+ltsp that could be
>done without getting the education-related stuff unless you
>check another box during the install.  The network, pxe boot, XDCMP,
>etc. would be the same for any thin client setup.  As long as
>an education-oriented guy is doing the excellent job of building
>the iso it is probably extra work to split them but if others
>get involved it would make sense to have something that would
>be as much at home in an office as a lab, then have a bundle of
>education related apps that can be dropped in too.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us